Occupational therapy (OT) is the use of assessment and intervention to develop, recover, or maintain the meaningful activities, or occupations, of individuals, groups, or communities. It is an allied health profession performed by occupational therapists. OTs often work with people with mental health problems, disabilities, injuries, or impairments.
Occupational Therapy enhances individuals ability and independence with or without modifications, considering his/her current abilities and capacity occupational therapist will make the individual as independent as possible and later will enhance those abilities so as to increase his/her independence as a person in society.
The Occupational therapist at Meera Hospitals work in the following areas:
- Orthopedic conditions include fractures, spine cases, hemophilia.
- Surgical conditions include cellulite, burns, breast cancer, amputation
- Neurological conditions include weakness, muscular dystrophy, cognitive issues
- Psychiatric conditions any psychological disorder as well as alcoholic and/or substance abuse
- Pediatric conditions include autism, learning disability, cerebral palsy, downs syndrome, developmental delay downs syndrome, sensory issue
- Other areas includes obesity management, splint fibrication, geriatrics rehabilitation,